Sunny Beet Detox Juice By Vegan With Curves
I never understood the dislike for beets. When I first had them I fell in love. The deep red color and the sweetness of this root vegetable immediately made it one of my favorites. Yet to my surprise when I mentioned them to people, they frown up in disgust. Funny thing, most people will admit to have never even tried a beet before yet still judge them as gross. Well I don’t want you be that way and hopefully this recipe will change your mind about beets.
Sunny Beet Detox juice contains a powerhouse of blood cleansers and detox ingredients such as local beets (your new favorite vegetable lol), local raspberries, apples, limes, and Karuna’s Sunny Date Drink.
Karuna’s Sunny Date Drink contains jujube fruit (known as Korean and/or red dates. Don’t you just love how Karuna introduces you to healthy and exotic foods.) Jujube fruit contains alkaloids in which can purify the blood; a great detoxing effect. Other fun facts about Jujube fruit include:
- Rich in both iron and phosphorous (phosphorus is good for bones)
- VERY high in vitamin C (more than citrus fruit)
- Known to be used as natural sedative (in an extract)
- Contains a large amount of antioxidants which is a boost for your immune system
It’s hard to talk about detox of any kind without mentioning beets. ( I will make you a lover of them I swear I will!) The reason being is beets assist your natural filtration system aka your liver in the detoxing process. Beets contain what is known as betaine. Betaine helps the liver rid toxins out of your blood stream before it reaches the rest of your body. Of course your liver will naturally detox itself but beets will give you an extra boost in doing so.
SUNNY BEET DETOX JUICE
- 1 bottle of Karuna’s Sunny Date Drink
- 1 beet root
- 1 medium apple
- ½ lemon peeled
- 2 pieces of mint (opt)
- Wash and chopped all your produce on a cutting board.
- Add beets, apple, raspberries, lemon, mint to blender first. Then pour in Kaurna’s Sunny Date Drink.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take a cheese cloth or nut milk bag over a bowl or measuring cup and strain until most of the pulp is extracted leaving you with pure juice.
- Serve immediately.