Avocado toast lovers, you’re going to love this creation! We’ve taken avocado toast to the next level in this must-try recipe! The fluffy and crispy waffle features our Avo-Keto smoothie, giving it a sweet, nutty flavor while adding in plant-based fiber and protein. The creamy avocado and dynamic toppings are the perfect complement to the waffles.
RECIPE – AVOCADO WAFFLE TOAST w Avo-Keto Smoothie
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 12 mini waffles or 6 medium waffles
For the Waffle:
- 1 12oz KARUNA’S AVO-KETO SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 large eggs
For the Avocado:
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the Toppings:
- 1 radish, coined
- 1 radish, slivered
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 baby kale leaves
- handful of microgreens
- In a large bowl, add in flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk out any clumps until well combined.
- Add in eggs, oil, and KARUNA’S AVO-KETO SMOOTHIE. Whisk until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into waffle maker. Cook for the appropriate time. *Cook time depends on the waffle maker you have.
- While waffles are cooking, in a small bowl, add in avocado, lemon, paprika, and salt. Mix well.
- Once waffles are done cooking, spread avocado mixture on top. Add toppings (see pictured combinations below).
- Sprinkle with paprika, top with 2 radish coins, and add a pinch of microgreens
- Sprinkle with paprika, top with 4-5 capers, and add a kale leaf
- Add a tiny scoop of mustard and top with radish slivers
- Add avocado slices, paprika, mustard, radish slivers, and microgreens