Looking for a way to have dessert for breakfast? Instant chia pudding to the rescue! We added chocolate and our Turmeric and Coconut Synergy Coffee Blend for a healthy energetic boost for your mornings! This makes a healthy breakfast that will also satisfy your chocolate craving.
What are Chia Seeds?
Despite being a popular food among health-oriented eaters, chia seeds have quite a rich history. The tiny seeds date back as early as 3500 BC. They were actually a main food in the Aztec diet and their prevalence continued into what is now Mexico.
In addition to being eaten whole, the seeds were added to drinks, ground into various flours, pressed to expel the seeds’ oil and were even believed to provide supernatural powers. In Mayan, “chia” means strength and it is believed that Aztec and Mayan warriors used chia for added power and stamina.
Chia seeds are rich in healthy polyunsaturated fats saturated and monosaturated fats and contains 2 grams of protein and 5 grams of carbs, most of which is fiber.
Coffee with a Consciousness – Turmeric and Coconut Synergy Coffee Blend
- Our Turmeric Turmeric is an ancient East remedy to comfort joints and sharpen the mind
- Good source of fiber, potassium & magnesium
- Each bottle of 12oz Karuna coffee drink contain 60mg of caffeine.
- In comparison, a 8oz black coffee at Starbuck contains minimum 120mg of caffeine.
How to Make Chia Pudding with Chocolate – Recipe Video (1 min)
Aside from being super easy to make, the thick, creamy chocolate pudding is incredibly versatile. It makes for a delicious breakfast that you can prepare instantly in a blender or a healthy dessert! Enjoy!
RECIPE: Chia Pudding with Chocolate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Course: Breakfast, Dessert
Cuisine: Dairy Free, Vegan
- 1 bottle of cup Turmeric and Coconut Synergy Coffee Blend
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 5 large dates pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- semi sweetened vegan chocolate chips
- plant based milk
- shredded coconut
- Add all of your ingredients to your high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer a bowl or cup and top with your choice of fruit (raspberries, blueberries, bananas, and or strawberries), shredded, coconut, and vegan chocolate sauce.
- To make vegan chocolate sauce grab about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips (depending on how much chocolate sauce you want), some plant-based milk (just enough to get it going so it will melt) and stir constantly over medium low heat until chocolate chips are melted into a chocolate sauce. Pour over your pudding and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts — Instant Chia Pudding
(Note: Calculated without the toppings as toppings will vary)
% Daily Value*
- Calories 617
- Total Fat 14 g
- Carbohydrates 117 g
- Fiber 32 g
- Sugar 41 g
- Protein 16 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.