These Peanut Butter Oreo Bars are made with our Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie! This easy no-bake healthy recipe that can be enjoyed for dessert, a post-workout snack, or even a quick make-ahead breakfast.
Who doesn’t love Oreos?
A tasty sweet treat that is not necessarily the healthiest thing to eat…until now. We created our own version of Oreos using our Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie Juice and other natural ingredients. So you can now enjoy your favorite dessert guilt-free!
The Benefits of Using Karuna’s Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie
- Prebiotics: This is just a fancy word for fiber and it’s what probiotics feed on. Just like with all of our drinks, using our smoothie in this recipe adds much need fiber to your Oreo bars
- Cacao Taste: This drink compliments these Oreo bars well because we adding cacao to it which; the original source of natural chocolate. Read Whole Plant Ingredients to learn more about this ingredient and other healthy ingredients in this drink.
- Natural Plant-Based Protein: Our Smoothie has 2x the natural protein content of almond milk with all the essential amino acids! This makes these bars great as a healthy and natural post-workout snack!
How to Make Our Pro-Fit Peanut Butter Oreo Bars (1-minute video)
Other Recipes Using Karuna’s Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie
RECIPE – Pro-Fit Peanut Butter Oreo Bars
A healthy version of Oreos made with almonds, dates, peanut butter and our Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie! It’s an easy no-bake dessert and our Pro-Fit Smoothie gives these bars a boost in protein!
Course: Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 12 bars
Author: Gina Marie
Chocolate Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup pitted and packed Medjool dates(about 13 large dates))
- 3 tbsp Karuna Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie
- pinch of sea salt
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup Karuna Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie
- 1 ½ tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon agave nectar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- Process walnuts in a food processor first. Then add cocoa powder and process until the cocoa powder is fully incorporated with the process walnuts.
- Next add dates, 3 tablespoons of Karuna Pro-Fit Smoothie, and sea salt. You should have a dough-like texture. Taste and adjust the flavor to your liking.
- Place ¾ dough in an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Press dough into pan until evenly. This will be your chocolate cookie base. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Grab a medium mixing bowl and add peanut butter, ¼ cup Karuna Pro-Fit Smoothie, melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Take your peanut butter filling and pour it over over your chocolate cookie dough. Chill in the freezer for about 20 -30 minutes until it firms up.
- Once it firms up, top with the remaining dough crumbling over the firm and set peanut butter filling. Enjoy as-is with the remainder of your Karuna Pro-Fit Smoothie or pop back in the freezer or refrigerator to chill. (the will soften if kept out at room temperature.)
- Bars will keep covered in the refrigerator for up 1 week and will keep frozen for up to 1 month.
- This recipe will work well with our Empower Whole Plant Smoothie, Boost Coffee Synergy Blend, and Focus Coffe Synergy Blend.
- Regular cocoa will work but the darker the cocoa, the more authentic the “oreo” taste.
- Try this recipe with cashew butter, almond butter, or even coconut butter!
- If you can’t access almonds to make the cookie base, walnuts, pecans, or cashews will work just fine.
- Maple syrup or coconut nectar would work in place of agave nectar.
Pro-Fit Peanut Butter Oreo Bars
Amount Per Serving (1 bar)
Calories from Fat 225
Saturated Fat 6g
Vitamin A 18IU
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.