RECIPE – SHRIMP SOBA NOODLES w/ ASHITABA SOBA SAUCE Karuna’s Viva, Whole Plant Juice & Tonic
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
Yield: 2 servings
For the Soba Sauce:
- ½ cup KARUNA’S VIVA
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp brown sugar or zero-calorie sweetener
For the Soba Noodles:
- 2 servings buckwheat soba noodles
- 10 large shrimp (shell on)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup edamame, steamed and shelled
- 1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
For the Garnish (optional):
- zucchini (thin julienned)
Make the Sauce:
In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Divide into two for serving.
Cook the Noodles:
Follow the directions on the packaging of your buckwheat soba noodles and cook accordingly. Once cooked, strain and place in ice water to stop cooking.
Cook the Shrimp:
Salt the shrimp and air-fry at 390°F for 5-8 minutes or until cooked and shell is crispy.
Strain the noodles and place in a large bowl. Add in the edamame and sesame seeds. Gently toss. Divide the noodles into two, top with the air-fried shrimp, and garnish. Serve immediately with the soba sauce.