For the South Carolina BBQ Sauce:
Dump everything into a medium sauce pot set to low. Whisk together to combine. Increase to heat to high and bring it to a boil, stirring often for 5 min, or until sauce is reduced by 1/3rd. Remove from heat and let cool. Store until needed.
For the Ribs:
- Preheat oven to 350°F, placing the oven rack in the middle position. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Peel off the silver skin membrane from the underside of the ribs, using a paring knife if needed to help detach it from the ribs.
- Rub the ribs with Chef Tregaye BBQ Rub both side and evenly
- Place the ribs meat side down in the prepared pan and place in the oven. Bake for one hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Flip the ribs so the meat side is facing up. Bake for one hour. Then brush sauce all over the meat both sides.
- Cover the ribs tightly with aluminum foil and place them back in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes more before starting to check doneness. Insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the ribs, and remove from the oven once it reads 180-195°F.
- Add more BBQ sauce if needed and serve.