Raw vegan, beet detox juice with antioxidants, liver and blood cleansing properties for optimum health. Add to your cleanse and detox routine.
This post contains affiliate links and is sponsored by Karuna. All opinions are my own.
Are you frowning your nose up at the thought of beet detox juice? I never understood the dislike for beets. When I first had them I fell in love. The deep red color and the sweetness of this root vegetable immediately made it one of my favorites. Yet when I mentioned them to people, they frown up in disgust. Funny thing, most people will admit to have never even tried a beets before yet still judge them as gross. Well if you are one of those folks who have never given this root vegetable a chance I think this beet detox juice recipe will change your mind.
Vegan Curve Building Ingredients
- Karuna’s Sunny Date Drink: I use this natural drink as the base of my beet detox juice. It contains jujube fruit (known as Korean and/or red dates. Don’t you just love how Karuna’s natural drinks introduces you to healthy and exotic foods?) Jujube fruit contains alkaloids in which can purify the blood; a great detoxing effect. When strength training it is important to keep your bones healthy and resilient. Jujube is high in calcium and high in phosphorus, all necessary for bone health. This will combat the stress when lifting weights and makes this a great hydrating curve building ingredient.
- Beets: It’s hard to talk about detox of any kind without mentioning beets. The reason being is beets assist your natural filtration system aka your liver in the detoxing process. Beets contain what is known as betaine. Betaine helps the liver rid toxins out of your blood stream before it reaches the rest of your body. Beets are a curve building staple because of it’s high mineral and vitamin content.
So do you need a juicer to make this? Nope! I use my vitamix blender. Simply add your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Then take a nut milk bag or thick cheese cloth, and drain juice into a glass leaving the pulp in the bag. That’s it! Juicing without a juicer!
I hope this recipe changes your mind about beets. They are such an important food to have in your diet and detox cleanse routine. Give beets a chance! Enjoy!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? How often do you cleanse and detox? Do you like beets? Have you ever juice with a blender before? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Appliances used in this recipe:
For more of my recommended cooking tools, visit the resource page at CURVY VEGAN KITCHEN.
Sunny Beet Detox Juice
- 1 bottle of Karuna’s Sunny Date Drink
- 1 beet root
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 2 pieces of mint (opt)
- Wash and chopped all your produce on a cutting board.
- Add beets, apple, raspberries, lemon, mint to blender first. Then pour in Kaurna’s Sunny Date Drink.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take a cheese cloth or nut milk bag over a bowl or measuring cup and strain until most of the pulp is extracted leaving you with pure juice.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories 195
- Fat 3 g
- Carbohydrates 43 g
- Fiber 8 g
- Sugar 33 g
- Protein 2 g
Substitutes and Additions:
- Karuna’s Natural Drinks are available in the Chicago and St. Louis area and will be expanding! If you currently do not have access to these drinks use plain water instead.
- Strawberries can be use in place of raspberries if you prefer.
- You can try a tropical like theme with golden beet and pineapples.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE: You might enjoy the Aronia Blueberry Syrup or Longan Raspberry Peach Popsicles which also uses Karuna Drinks.