These vegan chocolate popsicle’s are creamy, sweet, and vegan! They are so easy, it only takes 5 ingredients to make! Sure to keep you cool this summer!
Nothing says summertime more than popsicle’s! These vegan chocolate popsicle’s will be sure to cool you down as well as satisfy your sweet tooth!
Wait, is chocolate vegan?
Yes and no.
Yes, pure chocolate is vegan by default as it comes from the pod of the cocoa tree. But no, it stops becoming vegan when white refined sugar (typically processed through bone char) and dairy milk fat is added to it.
So Where do I find Vegan Chocolate?
You simply melt some vegan chocolate chips (or chucks) with one of our beverages.
(Karuna Beverages are now available on Amazon!)
The coffee blend adds a nice energy boost while the smoothie blend gives an extra boost of chocolate because of the cacao! You can’t go wrong either way!
Vegan Chocolate Popsicle’s Recipe
VIDEO: How to make vegan chocolate popsicle’s, (1 min.)
RECIPE – Vegan Chocolate Popsicle’s
These Chocolate Popsicle’s are creamy, sweet, and vegan! They are so easy, it only takes 5 ingredients to make!
Cuisine: American, Dairy Free
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Freezing Time: 5 Hours
Servings: 4 Popsicle’s
- Grab a double boiler or a heat proof glass bowl to place over a pot with boiling water.
- Add vegan chocolate chips and Karuna’s Coffee Blend or Whole Plant Smoothie. Mix constantly until melted.
- Once fully melted, remove from heat CAREFULLY. ( NOTE: If using a heat proof glass bowl…WEAR HEAT PROOF GLOVES).
- Allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add frozen bananas, dates, vanilla extract, and the remaining of your Karuna’s Coffee Blend or Whole Plant Smoothie to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth. Mixture should be thick but still pour-able.
Assemble Your Popsicle’s
- Grab your Popsicle molds and add a layer of chocolate sauce to 4 molds only filing up half the mold.
- Next add your ice cream on top making sure not to over fill each mold (the liquid will expand once frozen so do not overfill).
- Cover your molds and insert the popsicle sticks
- Pop in the freezer for at least 5 hours but preferably overnight.
- When ready to eat, be sure to thaw out for a few minutes before pulling it out the mold.
- Use the store locator to find Karuna Drinks in your area. Karuna Beverages are now available on Amazon!
- You can stick molds in warm water (NOT HOT) for 15-30 seconds to slightly loosen them up.
- Don’t worry if it’s not a perfect mold. Creamy based popsicle’s will be less than perfect than ones made from fruit juices. Don’t sweat the “perfection” of them because the taste will be there!
- You can mix in the chocolate sauce with the ice cream if you like to create a swirl effect.
- There will be leftover chocolate sauce. You can use it on top of ice cream and/or even pancakes!
AMOUNT PER SERVING
Calories from Fat 144
% DAILY VALUE*
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Cholesterol 4mg 1%
Sodium 77mg 3%
Potassium 381mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates 56g 19%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 5.4%
Vitamin C 5.3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.